|Let's get sweaty!!|
SO, I thought I'd bring the tone of the blog up a little today and introduce you to my fabulous TEAM! For the last three years, I've been working on this weightloss business pretty secretively (aside from the forums) - shame and fear driving that one - but there's been a TEAM right here with me the entire way, keeping me on track, and making me no end of sweaty!!! I'm so proud of them, I really want you to meet them!! :)
It's taken pride of place in both my backyard and then my back studio (in winter, perched in front of a TV & DVD player) and many kilometres and hours later, it's definitely been one of my ultimate tools! She's semi-retired at the moment, now that I'm fitter and more agile - but never too far away when I want to mix it up a little! She currently lives next to my weights machine (I LOVE weights!) and my bouncey swiss ball - all of which are just bystanders at the moment as I've taken preference elsewhere...
|Crossy, you kick my bum every time|
- and by god I love you for it!!
Other members of my TEAM include:
- My trusty heart rate monitor - it's like my "must have" dictator trainer who pushes me no end! Makes me push harder when I want to see those "cals burnt" reading something worthwhile - and yes! Nearly 1700cals burnt on The Devil today, woohoo!
- My Adidas runners - fourth generation now, and RED (so they go faster, haha!) - comfy shoes are a must have!! Fail to fit your feet out correctly, and you end up with more issues than it's worth! Having worked in a footwear store and seeing the hideous feet of people not wearing correctly fitted shoes, it's scarred me for life! Do yourself the huge favour of having your feet fitted correctly, in a shoe that accommodates your activities - and avoid fatigue, injuries and pain. SO worth it!
- MUSIC or MP3 player for my walks - also a necessity - can't function without them!! I get caught up in the beats and end up walking or moving faster, simply because my mind has ceased to worry about what it is I'm actually doing, whose watching or just how long it's taking - and I just keep on moving!!
- My free weights - or my "other best friends"!!! LOVE these babies sooooo much. Never underestimate the power of some awesome free weights! I've slowly progressed up from "girly" weights to these 5kilo a piece babies that like to tell me whose boss! Recently upgraded to bars where I can add weights accordingly, but they're kicking my bum no end - so it's a slow and steady increase on the weights for a while! Gimme guns baby!!!!
For a girl who could barely move in the beginning, I'm pretty happy with the progress of my fitness in just three years! I get asked quite often what sort of exercise I actually do - particularly as it's been a crucial part of my progress (and people want in on ALL the secrets!!!) - but I change things up often, and have only ever done things within my ability. There's HEAPS of room for improvement in the future, and lots of other things I'm yet to even try! So excited by all the possibilities out there now, and love when I find something new that I just "click" with - like my Zumba classes (but I'll leave that for another blog..!!)
Oh yeah, there's the stunning glamour shot right there!!!! Hahahaha....
Til next time, GET SWEATY!! It does a body good!!!